Best Hearing Aid Service & Care Plans
If hearing aids alone can’t correct your hearing loss, Aural Rehabilitation Therapy may be for you. Also called Auditory Rehabilitation Therapy, a number of processes are available to improve perception skills including:
- Strategic Listening: Using contextual cues and other strategies to perceive others’ communications better.
- Speech Reading: Understanding a speaker by watching mouth movements, facial expressions and hand gestures.
- Auditory Training: Sensing vibration to understand words, phrases and sentences.
- Unisensory Perception: Developing above normal senses when other senses have been lost. For example, loss of hearing may lead to an above-average ability to sense vibrations.
- Cued Speech: Using hand gestures or facial movements to supplement communications.
- Total Communication: Using multiple skills to render and perceive communications.
- Manual Communication: Using finger-spelling and sign language boards.
Aural Rehabilitation for Advance Hearing Loss
If you suffer severe hearing loss, visit us to see whether aural rehabilitation therapy can help.
Call for a FREE Consultation: (808) 973-1551
Book an Appointment